Michaels is an America-based chain of stores founded in 1973 and known for delivering American and Canadian arts, crafts, framing, floral, and wall decor. It is one of the biggest companies in this segment, having 1252 stores spread all over the U.S.
Apple has gained popularity in the last few years because of its security and ability to make payments quickly. Due to the increased demand for Apple Pay, many businesses integrated Apple Pay as one of their payment methods, and many will soon do that.
Although you can use various payment methods at Micheals, Does Michaels Take Apple Pay? In this post, we’ll see the analysis and try to find your answer.
Does Michaels Take Apple Pay in 2023?
Michaels didn’t have Apple Pay as one of its payment methods, but since march 2022, they have started accepting it in all the stores. Although it might be possible that some stores are yet to roll out Apple Pay as a payment method, most Michaels stores have integrated it now.
It is good news for Apple Pay users, who can get up to 2% cashback while paying at Michaels using Apple Card.
But Michaels hasn’t added an Apple Pay payment page on their website or app. We expect they’ll soon integrate it so users can purchase using Apple Pay online.
How To Use Apple Pay At Michaels?
Using Apple Pay at Michaels helps you quickly make payments and complete the purchase. But, if you haven’t used it before and want to try it for the first time at the Micheals store, you surely need a guide.
You can make payments using Apple Pay from any device you have set up it. I have shared the method of paying both from iPhone and Apple Watch.
If you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, then use it to make payments at Michaels using the following steps:
- Go to Micheals’ cash counter and tell them you want to make the payment using Apple Pay.
- Your next task is to open Apple Pay on your iPhone and select your desired card.
- Now, move your iPhone to the contactless NFC Reader and hold for some time.
- Then, Apple Pay will ask you to verify your identity; you can use Touch ID/Face ID to complete the authentication process.
- Your payment will be completed, and you’ll see a checkmark with a “Done” message on your screen.
Through Apple Watch:
You can also use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch to make payments at Michaels stores and the steps are as follows:
- First, open Apple Pay on your Apple Watch by clicking the side button twice.
- Then, select any cards that you want to use to complete your purchase.
- Next, hold your watch close to the NFC Reader, and you’ll be required to enter the passcode.
- The watch gives you a buzz after completing the payment.
Pros & Cons Of Using Apple Pay At Micheals
Everything comes with some pros and cons so does Apple Pay. Though Apple Pay is a convenient method, sometimes it can hassle you.
If you are unaware of its positives and negatives, check the list below for clarity.
- Secure- One of the key reasons for using Apple Pay is its security. All of your cards’ details are decrypted and stored safely on Apple’s server.
- Faster- Apple Pay is faster than any other payment method allowing you to make payments quickly.
- No Need To Carry Cards- You can add cards on Apple Pay and make payments directly from them without carrying the cards.
- Free- The platform is free, so you can use it to its full potential without paying a single penny.
- Not Accepted Everywhere- Although every business is trying to add Apple Pay as a payment method, it’ll take some time to become available widely.
- Technical Failure- As the working of Apple Pay depends on certain technical things, you may face errors while making a payment.
Also Read: Does Wingstop Take Apple Pay?
Other Payment Methods Available At Michaels
If you face any problem with your Apple Pay, Michaels has some other available payment options that you can use without inconvenience.
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards: You can use almost all credit or debit cards from America-based banks. Specifically, it accepts MasterCard, Visa Cards, Discover, and American Express.
- PayPal: PayPal is another easy method to make payments directly using an email address, and you can use it at Michaels’s stores.
- Gift Card: You can also pay with Micheals’ gift card at any store or online platform. Use it to quickly complete your payment if you have been gifted a Michaels gift card or bought somewhere.
So, this article was the answer for the questions: Does Michaels takes Apple Pay? You should always keep a backup payment method while visiting Michaels, so you don’t need to hassle if the store doesn’t accept Apple Pay.