Undoubtedly, Apple Pay has become one of the biggest digital payment methods in the U.S. as it is more convenient and secure than others. You can store and carry all of your credit or debit card details in Apple Pay to make payments using that without even carrying them.
But if you don’t have a debit card and still want to use Apple Pay, then I got your back as there are other techniques you can use to do that. In this post, I’ll share the methods of How to Add Money to Apple Pay Without Debit Card.
Requirements to Set Up Apple cash
Apple cash is a feature that allows users to send money directly through the messaging app without adding cards. You need to add money to it first to use it for your future payments. But, for this, you need to have a few things to set up your account, and those are as follows:
- Must be 18 years or above.
- A resident of the United States.
- A device with iOS 11.2 or later or watchOS 4.2 or later.
- 2FA enabled
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
How to Set Up Apple Pay?
You need to make sure that Apple Pay is set up properly on your device first; if not, follow these steps:
- First, open Settings on your device.
- Then, scroll down till you find Wallet & Apple Pay and click on that.
- Turn on the Apple Cash option.
- Then, under the Payment Cards option, click on Apple Cash.
- Finally, click on continue and keep following the onscreen instructions.
How to Add Money to Apple Pay Without Debit Card?
If you don’t have a debit card and want to add money to Apple Pay, then you have two options: using a Pre-Paid Card or asking a friend. We’ll see both ways of adding money in detail.
Method#1 Using a Pre-Paid Card
Apple Pay allows you to use a Pre-Paid card to add money to Apple Pay. But, for this, you need to have the reloadable cards from the supported issuer first. Just to let you know, you can add pre-paid cards like Brinks Prepaid Mastercard, American Express Prepaid Debit Account, NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card, Serve American Express, etc.
- First, make sure you have a Pre-Paid card that supports Apple Cash.
- You can check the list of all the supported cards above and sign up for any. You just need to enter basic details like name, date of birth, email address, etc.
- Once you have access to the card, Add it to your Apple Wallet.
- Before you move on to the add money process, make sure to default the card in your Apple Pay.
- Now, open the Wallet app on your device and click on Cash.
- Then, click the three dots in the top right corner of your screen to open a new screen.
- Now, click on Add Money button.
- Enter any amount you want to add to your Apple Pay wallet using the Pre-Paid card, but the minimum amount should be $10.
- Then, you’ll find an option that says Add in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, authenticate using Face ID/Touch ID/Passcode to complete the process.
Method#2 Asking A Friend
Another good option to add money to your Apple Pay is to ask a friend for money. If you haven’t asked your friend for Apple Pay money, you can follow these steps.
- Firstly, open the messages app on your device and start a conversation with whom you want to ask for money.
- Then, click the Apple Cash button; if you don’t see the button, click the more button, which is located beside the camera logo.
- Now, enter any amount you want and click on Request.
- Then, click the Send button to review or cancel the request.
- Finally, confirm your identity with Face ID/Touch ID/Passcode to complete the request process.
- Now, if your friend doesn’t know how to pay using Apple Pay, tell him to open the Messages app and open the conversation.
- Your friend should re-check the amount and click on Send.
- Your friend must complete the payment by confirming his identity with Face ID/Touch ID/Passcode.
How to Add Card to Apple Wallet?
If you have a pre-paid card now but don’t know how to add the card to Apple Wallet, these steps are for you.
- Open the Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
- Then click the plus icon on the top-right corner of your screen to add a new card.
- Select the type of your card that you want to add.
- Then, click on Continue.
- Now, you’ll find an option that says Enter Card Details Manually; click that.
- Enter your Name and Card Number accurately and click Next.
- Now, enter the Expiration Date and Security Code and again click on Next.
- Then, you’ll see terms & conditions on your screen; click Agree.
- Now, you get two options to verify your card: by calling the card issuer and by verifying your email. Select any method and click on Next.
- If you select the email address, you’ll receive an OTP in your inbox; enter that to verify your card.
- After completing the verification process, Apple Wallet will add the card successfully, and you can use that for future payments.
Also Read: How to Delete Apple Pay Transaction History?
How to set a card as default in Apple Wallet?
Before you try to add money to your Apple Wallet, set your recently added pre-paid card as default; otherwise, you won’t get an option to pay from it there.
- First, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, click Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Now, click on the Default Card option.
- You’ll see all the added cards there; select the card that you want to make default.
How to check your Apple Pay balance?
You can do that if you want to check the remaining balance on your Apple Pay after adding or spending money. But, the process is slightly different depending on the device you use.
On iPhone: First, open the Wallet app and then click on your Apple Cash card.
On iPad: Go to the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, and finally, click your Apple Cash Card.
On Apple Watch: Click the side button twice and swipe to the Apple Cash card.
You can also check your Apple Pay balance on the Apple Account page.
To do this,
- you must go to https://appleid.apple.com
- Click on Sign In.
- Then, enter your Apple ID credentials to log in to your account.
- You’ll see an option for Wallet & Apple Pay; click on that to view your Apple Pay balance.
In this post, we discussed the methods to add money to Apple Pay without debit card, and I believe you gathered enough knowledge to do it yourself. If you face any difficulty doing it, you can let me know in the comments and expect the solution shortly.